Corporate Fasting & Prayer October 2016
In preparation for the new year 2017, we will be fasting and praying from October 28th-31st 2016. We will gather to pray in church every day at 7pm except on Sunday, October 30th.
day 1: PRAYER FOCUS
- Pray that according to Psalm 65:11, that God will crown the upcoming year with His goodness and that which has seemed elusive from the beginning of the year till now will become possible.
- As we stand on the threshold of a new year God will cause us to forget the old no matter how good or bad, and look forward to the new (Isaiah 43:18-19).
- Pray for the elections 1 Timothy 2:1-4, Psalm 33:11
- Pray for members becoming disciples: Luke 14:25-27
DAY 2: PRAYER FOCUS
Faithfulness and commitment in service and witness
- Pray for opportunities for HOTW to develop cooperative relationships with our neighbors of other religion to promote peace and harmony in our growing community.
- Pray that we will not be terrified by our adversaries.
- Pray for steadfastness we need to endure suffering without giving up hope (verse 29-30).
- Pray for ability to give a good witness to Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace, in our communities and to a “watching world” as we endure this trial.
DAY 3: PRAYER FOCUS
For peace, patience, and faithfulness in prayer
- Pray that leaders and members of HOTW can rejoice in the presence of Christ within and among them (verse 4-5).
- Pray that the power of prayer sustains all of us (verse 6).
- Pray that “the peace of God which passes all understanding will guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus” (verse 7).
- Pray that God will help us to spur one another on to faithfulness when we gather (verse 8-9).
- Pray that the power of the Holy Spirit will be poured out among us to bless and strengthen all.
DAY 4: PRAYER FOCUS
- Pray for members to be consistent in their relationship with God: 2 Timothy 2:2-7
- Pray for business owners and professionals: Proverbs 4:5-13
- Pray for those looking for jobs: Psalm 9:9-10, Psalm 50:10, Isaiah 14:3
- Pray for divine health for members and their families: Mark 5:25-29, Isaiah 58:8, Phil 2:10, Luke 6:9, Luke 8:43-48
- Pray for the November to remember programs.
- Pray for safety in the month of November and December