Grow Serve Lead - HOTW Workers Development
Grow Serve Lead is a deliberate, relevant, interactive,
growth focused training and development for church workers and volunteers. It is our new biblically based worker body culture. It is a challenge, a charge and a call to the
next level for us here at House On The Word.
Our new workers development sessions will be broken into 3 segments:
- The first segment: The Call (Relevant implementable teaching according to the Word of God, in other words: What does scripture say about my life as a Worker in God's Vineyard)
- The second: The Response (What is our response to the Word of God we receive during the segment, what is our response as a body)
- And the third: The Application (How do we apply what we learn to our lives and to this church)
A Worker: - Who is he/she?
A believer in Jesus Christ, filled with the Holy Spirit and has a responsibility in the house of God until the return of the master. Every believer or follower of Jesus Christ has been called to do some form of work at some level or capacity. John 9:4 (Amplified Bible) 4 We must work the works of Him Who sent Me and be busy with His business while it is daylight; night is coming on, when no man can work.
Dictionary.com defines the word “Worker” as follows:
– a noun
- a person or thing that works.
- a laborer or employee
- a person engaged in a particular field, activity, or cause
- exertion or effort directed to produce or accomplish something; labor; toil.
- something on which exertion or labor is expended; a task or undertaking
- to do work; labor.
- to act or operate effectively
*Consider this - Do we possess all of these features/characteristics/definitions?
What are the characteristics or traits of a Worker?
- good reputation/well respected: Acts 6:3 (KJV and then NLT of same)
- full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom: Acts 6:3 (KJV and then NLT of same)
- fruitful and productive: (Matt 7:15-20, Matthew 25:14-29)
- an imitator of God (Eph 5:1 NLT)
- a person of the Word (2 Tim 2:15 NLT)
- a person of prayer (Eph 6:18 AMP, Ref. accmp. Prayer Scriptures)
- follows the example of Christ (1Pet 2:21-22 NKJV/MSG, 1 Jn 2:4-6 Message, 6 of NIV, 1 Cor 11:1)
- a worker is accountable – first to Christ and then to the body where he/she serves or works. (Gal 2:20)
- has an understanding of the source of his reward and is not a worker of iniquity – Heb 6:10 (NLT).
- filled with love and walks in love (Eph 5:2 NLT, I Cor 13:1-8)
General House Keeping for Workers Dev. and group guidelines:
- I will spend time with the LORD in prayer and the Word before arriving for Workers Dev (What do we think is the benefit of this?)
- I will arrive early (not on time)
- I will be prepared and ready to be equipped (this includes having my bible and a notebook and if possible, not a cell phone bible to help reduce distractions)
- I will carry out our individual and group assignments or homework
- I will give my undivided attention
- I will be disciplined and will not loiter or hang around during Worker's development.
- I will seat where I am instructed by the ushers
- I will practice listening for and giving a Godly opinion and not mine
- I will be properly dressed both spiritually and physically, ready to do God’s work
- I will be an excellent example
- I will start all over again from 1 and not give up
Home Work: 3 things to do before next Sunday
- Review the notes from today’s session especially the scriptures
- Review the Workers Dev. general house keeping and group guidelines
- Meditate on this Word and Practice, Practice, Practice
Today's Prayer Points:
- Holy Spirit show me who I really am in Christ, help me understand who I am as a Worker and to really begin to function in that role.
- For many of us we have relaxed and fallen short in our effectiveness and commitment as Workers for Christ, This morning let’s ask the LORD to forgive our slackness, our slothfulness and bring us back again to the center of His Word so we may work the work of Him who has called us. King James Bible 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Pray for the Church that God would raise more dedicated and effective workers that would rise to do His work. New International Version Mathew 9:37 Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.
- Lastly pray for today’s service that the LORD would make you and I be fruitful workers in the service today to reach out to others for his name sake.
What to Expect Next Week:
The Culture | New Group Sessions | Come Early!