Where there is no vision the people perish. Proverbs 29:18 (KJV)
- Sight is a function of the eyes while vision is a function of the heart.
- Vision is seeing the future before it comes into being (Hebrews 11:1).
- Vision is the ability to see farther than your eyes can look.
- It is vision that makes the unseen visible and the unknown possible.
1: Why do you need a vision?
- God does not speak to you about where you are He speaks to you about where you are going because where you are going is far more important than where you are.
- Jeremiah 1:5
- Genesis 12 Abraham. Genesis 37 Joseph; Judges 6:12 Gideon.
2: You should have a BIG vision!
- Isaiah 6:1 You have to see God as high and lifted up. Ephesians 3:20 Exceedingly!
- Not just a God that is good for emergencies and problems!
- Your vision determines your destiny. (Numbers 13:33) We were in our own sight as grasshoppers!
- Vision is the key to your future.
3: Your future lies within you!
- Your future is not ahead of you, rather it lies within you.
- The decisions you take and act on today, create your tomorrow (Isaiah 1:19)
4: You are perfect for your God given vision.
- Stop wishing you were somebody else. Psalm 139:14 You are fearfully and wonderfully …
- God has given everything you need for what he called you to do (Exodus 31:2) Bezaleel.
- This is not the season in your life, to hate yourself. This is the season to discover yourself
- You have too much purpose to die. You will die when you have finished and not a day before.
5: Vision requires action to become a reality!
- Vision – What do you see?
- Purpose – Why do you see it?
- Goals - How are you going to get there?
- Set a vision for 10 years from now.
- Set long range and short range goals.
- Stop dreaming about stuff you can finish in 1 week.
Copyright © 2013 Pastor Taiwo Kayode, House On The Word.